It requires no cooking apart from melting chocolate (which I cheated and did in the microwave) and they do keep in the fridge for up to a month if in a sealed container. Everyone who has tried one has absolutely loved them so give them a go. We have one as a treat in the evening but they would be perfect for lunchtime or that afternoon sugar craving. Whenever you have them you will be hooked and shop bought coconut treats will just taste artificial by comparison.
Ingredients for 24 bars
800g bar of creamed coconut
6 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp raw honey
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
a pinch of sea salt
150g dessicated coconut
200g (85% cocoa solids) dark chocolate
I used Himalayan Pink salt and organic honey as an alternative which is probably not as healthy as the raw variety but was what I had in the cupboard.
1. Line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper. Put the unopened bar of creamed coconut into a jug of hot water to soften so you can work with it.
2. When it's soft pour into a bowl and mix in the coconut oil, honey, vanilla, salt and 2-4 seaspoons of water if you like a soft consistancy.
3. Stir in the coconut evenly.
4. Pour into the prepared tin and press down mixture with the back of a spoon. Put into the fridge until hard (about 15 minutes).
5. Remove from fridge and cut into squares (6 down and 4 across). Then put into the freezer while you prep the chocolate.
6. Melt the chocolate then using 2 forks dip in the squares, turning until covered. Put them onto parchment paper so they don't touch and return to the fridge to cool. Once set put into a sealed container in the fridge.
And there you have it! They really are delicious!